When choosing the right corporate event entertainer, you’ll want to ask yourself a few questions to make sure you end up with a unique, decidedly un-boring evening of entertainment. Consider: What act or entertainer will best suit your event’s goal, theme or mood? Which performer will be the most engaging and fun for your guests? Is the performer’s act suitable for a corporate environment?
There’s a wide world of wildly creative corporate event entertainment options out there, and we’ve rounded up some of our favorites. Read on to learn more about some of the best entertainment for corporate events the Twin Cities (and beyond!) have to offer.
1. Decide on an outer figure for your guest list. First things first: How big do you want this shindig to be? Maybe you and your new fiance love the idea of having a massive party filled with all your friends and family (and their friends and family!). Or perhaps you’re all about an intimate celebration with only a handful of your nearest and dearest. It’s important that you’re both on the same page about wedding size before any further planning can move ahead, so have the conversation early!
2. Settle on a loose budget. These are early stages, so don’t feel like you have to have an itemized budget down to the last sprig of baby’s breath just yet. That said, you should have an idea of how much you want to spend in total and how much you, your fiance and your families will be pitching in, if applicable. It may be helpful to do some research into how much the bigger budget items, like venue rental and food and beverage packages, typically cost on average, so you can both manage your expectations accordingly.
3. Choose some date options. This is surprisingly crucial! Selecting a few potential wedding dates, rather than getting your heart set on just one, will be incredibly helpful. After you decide on a season for your big day, cross-check your preferred dates with your Very Important People — close family members, potential wedding party members, etc. — and factor in vacations, work schedules and even busy seasons for pro sports or hunting, if you think that might affect others’ availability! Then, you can approach your dream venue with a preferred date plus two back-up dates in case your first pick isn’t available. Yes, coordinating schedules with everyone involved in a wedding can be a headache, but avoiding venue availability heartbreak? Priceless.
4. Decide on your wedding style. Inside or outside? Black-tie or come-as-you-are? Theme or no theme? Vintage or modern, rustic or sleek? The answers to all of these questions will inform your choice of venue, food, decor and even that all-important dress, so it’s best to get a sense of your wedding style early! You don’t have to design the entire wedding right away, but even a general sense of what you’d like (“We’re definitely church wedding people” or “We want it to reflect who we are as a couple — quirky and fun!”) will help guide the rest of the planning process.
5. Begin to look at venues. Now the real fun begins! Start to research some possible venues and reach out to your favorites to check on the availability of your dates. Once you’ve confirmed availability, you can schedule tours and even meet with on-site wedding planners to discuss options for your vision that suit your budget. Fallen in love with a venue? Congratulations, you’re one step closer to your big day! Time to sign some paperwork and get to planning …
Speaking of venues, we hope you’ll consider Earle Brown for your wedding venue! We can’t wait to meet you and learn more about your dream wedding. Earle Brown’s wedding planners can help design every detail of your event — it’s what we love to do! Learn more about weddings at Earle Brown by visiting us online, or schedule a tour of our gorgeous, spacious grounds and rooms. We’ll see you (and that sparkling new ring!) soon.